Sunday, June 15, 2014

Exploring Astrology

I simply adore astrology.  I have been studying it since I was a teenager.  I was fascinated with psychology and picked up Freud's book, "The Interpretation of Dreams."  On further reading, I was a bit disappointed with Freud's preoccupation with sex.  He linked sex to just about every issue his patients had.

Then I found a student of Freud's, Carl Jung.  Carl Jung was also a psychiatrist, but there was a striking difference between the two men.  Somewhere along the line, Dr. Jung discovered the art and science of astrology.  When Jung employed astrology in his psychiatric practice, he discovered that it gave him insights into his patients that would take many months, if not years, to uncover and, therefore, address in order to assist his patients in the healing process.

My interest in astrology skyrocketed after this discovery.  I wanted to know all there was to know.  Not much was available to me in the early '70s.  This was before the internet and new age stores, and I was in the Midwest, after all.  

In the '80s I started in again, reading astrology books - Linda Goodman's "Sun Signs" was the first book I discovered on astrology.  Since then my library has grown to over 100 books on astrology.  I devoured books on astrology like candy from then on.

I started doing chart interpretations in the '90s, but, I still felt like something was missing.  I knew all the basics, could put it together, but it didn't feel complete...until I found a master astrologer teacher by the name of Noel Tyl.  I have been studying in Noel's Master's Course in Astrology for over two years.  His course has given me the tools I needed to put it all together AND showed me how to relate the interpretations to clients without using words they couldn't understand - the astrological jargon.

Looking back, it feels like I was crawling, where now I am running!  

No comments:

Post a Comment